cookies-varning

tisdag 30 december 2014

Last ditch of 2014 painting part 1 -- Deutsches Afrikakorps

So, these final trembling days of 2014 one should reminisce, spend some time with your loved ones and maybe think of the coming year. Not me. Now's the final chance to get some painting done to try and better the painting tally somewhat. More specifically I'm trying to finish all those nearly completed figures that been lying untouched for some time. It turned out to be a bigger task than I thought, but here's finally some german Africa Corps.

"Drive Tommy into the Nile! Schnell, schnell!"
More pictures after the break.

I haven't flat varnished the figures though since it's too damn cold outside, so I apologise for them looking a bit shiny...

Perry figures on the sides, the large hulking NCO in the middle is from Black Tree Design.
An ammo carrier for the machine gun and a light mortar team.

...from another angle.
The figures were painted more or less like the previous batch some ten months ago. I used my own magic dip this time since my Army Painter Dip has coagulated into a kind of dark mush.  I used some sand pigments on the bases and boots but it doesn't show up in the photos.

They need some wheels too, right?
The crew figure is the radio operator from the Perry Miniatures set.
I also finished my Warlord games Sd.Kfz 222 that I started earlier. It was 90% finished, I was just procrastinating about painting the crew figure and wether I should put some decals on it. In the end I borrowed a DAK palm emblem and a license plate from the Tamiya Sd.Kfz. 222 kit I bought as comparison. I put some tools and a fire extinguisher on it as well as a Notek Light from the Tamiya kit as I thought it was quite bare. I also made the tarpaulin roll on the front fender out of green stuff. Finally I dusted the wheels and lower part of the car with MIG Pigments, but they don't show up well in the photo. In reality it looks much dustier.


Group shot!
Tomorrow I will hopefully show you some more figures.


6 kommentarer:

  1. Nice job on these Leif. Top notch painting and very nice basing.

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Yeah, I'm putting some effort into the bases, must be my model railroad heritage I guess.

      Radera
  2. They do look the part Leif! Wonderful work.

    SvaraRadera
  3. Good painting job Leif
    And this reminds me that i need to finish my 3rd DAK squad on of these days!!

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. That's actually only my first squad...

      Radera

Wayland games

Wayland Games